Facebook-owned instant messaging platform WhatsApp is set to roll out new emojis to its users. The platform has already rolled out 138 new emojis in the latest Android beta version of the app, version 18.104.22.168, claims a report by WABetaInfo.
As per the online portal that tracks the upcoming changes and features on WhatsApp, Android beta users already have access to these new emojis. These emojis add new professions such as chef, farmer, painter among others, It also adds new racial emojis, wheelchair symbol.
If you are an Android beta user and you cannot see these emojis, you will have to update your app. As for the non-beta users, the app is expected to roll out the update soon as well. Meanwhile, the app is also gearing up to launch the disappearing messages feature. As per a recent post by WABetaInfo, the feature could be rolled out as ‘Expiring Messages.’
Users will be required to turn it on manually as per the screenshot provided by the online platform that tracks the upcoming changes and features on the Facebook-owned instant messaging platform. This was spotted in the beta version 22.214.171.124 of WhatsApp’s Android app and since it is still in the development stage, therefore beta users may not see it yet.
- Elon Musk startup reveals monkey with brain chip implants playing video game
- Vanuatu’s Prince Philip worshippers declares “his spirit still exists”
- El-Clasico Referee stated an amazing sassy comment to Lionel Messi during Barcelona’s defeat
- Super Green Eagles of Nigeria’s latest position in Fifa World rankings revealed they are able to move four times forward
- The controversial ‘Satan Shoes’ of Lil Nas to be recalled as Nike agrees to settle lawsuit
For those unaware, first hints of WhatsApp working on this feature appeared online in October 2019 when it was calling it ‘Disappearing Messages’ feature. Then in November, the same feature again made an appearance on the beta version of the app as ‘delete messages.’