8. One Meal won’t “Make” or “Break” Your Health.
Christy Wilson, RD, Health and Wellness coach at the University of Arizona and founder of Christy Wilson Nutrition Consulting Service advises that you should look at your overall eating pattern. “Every meal is an opportunity to get your health on-track” says Christy.
“One meal won’t “make” or “break” your health but the trends in your diet will.
What you eat on a regular basis will help keep you healthy or will gradually contribute to illness, so regularly, most of the week, choose to fill half your plate with plant-based fresh foods and less of the plate with meat.
Choose whole grains, beans and fish over highly processed foods. Also, move more and sit less!”
9. Punch Up Your Fiber. Shelly Marie
Redmond, MS, RD, LDN, and founder of Skinny Louisiana, says that in her practice “when any client walks through the Skinny Louisiana doors, we focus on PUNCHING up fiber.
Fiber has a ton of health benefits but for weight loss, it keeps us FULL! Instead of a ‘ho-hum’ granola bar, boring cereal flakes, or random whole grain look for the ones that pack the punch of fiber. Goal: pick ones with 5 or more grams of fiber per serving.”
10. Quality Over Quantity.
Marjorie Nolan Cohn, MS, RDN, CSSD, CEDRD owner, MNC Nutrition in New York City recommends to not “worry about calories or fat and focus on eating whole foods that are prepared simply.”
Manuel Villacorta is a nationally recognized, award-winning registered dietitian/nutritionist with more than 18 years of experience. He is a trusted voice in the health and wellness industry.
- Elon Musk startup reveals monkey with brain chip implants playing video game
- Vanuatu’s Prince Philip worshippers declares “his spirit still exists”
- El-Clasico Referee stated an amazing sassy comment to Lionel Messi during Barcelona’s defeat
- Super Green Eagles of Nigeria’s latest position in Fifa World rankings revealed they are able to move four times forward
- The controversial ‘Satan Shoes’ of Lil Nas to be recalled as Nike agrees to settle lawsuit
He is the author of Eating Free: The Carb Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good (HCI, 2012) Peruvian Power Foods: 18 Superfoods, 101 Recipes, and Anti-Aging Secrets from the Amazon to the Andes (HCI, 2013) and his newest book Whole Body Reboot: The Peruvian Superfoods Diet to Detoxify, Energize, and Supercharge Fat Loss (HCI, 2015).
Categories:Life and style