In an unusually strong rebuke of the Senate, the kingdom said a resolution it drafted last week “contained blatant interferences” in its internal affairs and undermines its regional and international role.
Saudi has continually denied that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was involved in the planning of Mr Khashoggi’s death inside Istanbul’s Saudi consulate in October.
Donald Trump was dealt a fresh warning by the US Senate vote on Thursday for backing the Saudi regime, despite global uproar over Mr Khashoggi’s murder and the Yemen conflict.
Riyadh called it a “rogue” operation but the killing has severely tarnished its international reputation, with sanctions placed on nearly 20 Saudi nationals by Western countries including the US, France and Canada.
Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau said on the same day Ottawa is looking into ways to cancel a sizeable 2014 weapons deal with Saudi.
He had earlier said it would be “extremely difficult” to withdraw from the Can$15bn (£8.9bn) contract, signed by the previous conservative administration, without Canadians paying “exorbitant penalties”
“The murder of a journalist is absolutely unacceptable and that’s why Canada from the very beginning had been demanding answers and solutions on that,” Mr Trudeau told CTV on Sunday.
Force leaders to debate on TV
More than 120,000 people have signed the petition – have you?
“We inherited actually a (Can)$15bn contract signed by (former prime minister) Stephen Harper to export light-armoured vehicles to Saudi Arabia.
- Elon Musk startup reveals monkey with brain chip implants playing video game
- Vanuatu’s Prince Philip worshippers declares “his spirit still exists”
- El-Clasico Referee stated an amazing sassy comment to Lionel Messi during Barcelona’s defeat
- Super Green Eagles of Nigeria’s latest position in Fifa World rankings revealed they are able to move four times forward
- The controversial ‘Satan Shoes’ of Lil Nas to be recalled as Nike agrees to settle lawsuit
- Breaking News: Prince Philip has died aged 99, announced by Buckingham Palace, just few minutes ago
- Lorraine Kelly astonishes viewers with Prince Andrew comment following Meghan interview
- QAnon Shaman ‘too dangerous’ to be released from jail, defence ruled
- Art and Culture
- Celebrity news
- Heroes Board
- Life and style
- Traveling and Tourism
- TV and Radio Show's