Mostafa Waziri, secretary-general of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, described the find as “one of a kind in the last decades”.
The tomb, found in the Saqqara pyramid complex near Cairo, is filled with colourful hieroglyphs and statues of pharaohs. Decorative scenes show the owner, a royal priest named Wahtye, with his mother, wife and other relatives.
Archaeologists will start excavating the tomb on 16 December, and expect more discoveries to follow – including the owner’s sarcophagus.
Egyptian mummification ‘recipe’ revealed
Cat mummies discovered in Egypt tombs
Here’s what they’ve found already.
About centuries tomb recently discovered in Egypt Saqqara conference Phyramid
- Elon Musk startup reveals monkey with brain chip implants playing video game
- Vanuatu’s Prince Philip worshippers declares “his spirit still exists”
- El-Clasico Referee stated an amazing sassy comment to Lionel Messi during Barcelona’s defeat
- Super Green Eagles of Nigeria’s latest position in Fifa World rankings revealed they are able to move four times forward
- The controversial ‘Satan Shoes’ of Lil Nas to be recalled as Nike agrees to settle lawsuit
- Art and Culture
- Celebrity news
- Heroes Board
- Life and style
- Traveling and Tourism
- TV and Radio Show's
Categories:Art and Culture